These are the Key points to a Healthy, Clean Water Management.
These outlines, in simple terms, are the steps necessary to ensure that your swimming pool has healthy, clean water and remains sparkling clear all year round.
For swimming pool water to be hygienically safe for swimmers, it must be properly sanitised. Chlorine, available in different forms remains the most common method of achieving this. But this is not enough. You will also need to filter the water and make sure it circulates adequately. You will need to clean the pump, filter and other equipment, and test the water regularly.
Adequate filtration is essential.
The water passes through the filter, is cleaned and returns to the pool.
The correct size of pump and filter is critical.
The water moves through the pool distributing the chemicals in the water.
The aimflow (s) should be aimed 30–45 degrees down. This will give you better chemical distribution and the water flow will not effect the performance of the pool cleaner.
Clean the pump, filter and skimmer baskets weekly (more often if it is windy and there are trees or sandy areas around your pool).
The filter must be ‘backwashed’ for 3–5 minutes and ‘rinsed’ for 1 minute weekly.
If you are using a salt water chlorinator, clean the chlorinator cell weekly.
Clean with the pool skim net when required.
Test the water on a weekly basis and maintain the following levels:
Chlorine 1.5 – 3.0ppm
pH 7.4 – 7.6
Have the water analysed at an authorised pool shop ‘laboratory’ once a month. This will save you time and money in the long run.
Add the correct chemicals in the correct quantities to give you safe, sparkling and algae-free water.
When dissolving chemicals, NEVER add water to chemicals.
ALWAYS add chemicals to water
Never use a metal bucket when dissolving pool or spa chemicals.
Here Is One Of The TOP RATED Pool Water Test Kits Available Today:
See larger image
JNW Direct Pool and Spa Test Strips – 100 Strip Pack, Test pH, Chlorine, Bromine, Hardness and More, Accurate 7-in-1 Swimming Pool Water Testing, Free App & Ebook Included
- THE ULTIMATE AT HOME POOL TEST STRIPS for your swimming pool & spa. Tests for 7 parameters: total hardness, total chlorine, bromine, free chlorine, pH, cyanuric acid (stabilizer) & total alkalinity
- EXTREMELY EASY TO USE pool water test strips, Instant reliable results with simple and clear instructions. Simply dip and compare with large color chart on bottle. Ideal range marked on bottle
- BONUS FREE MOBILE APP INCLUDED – Record, track and monitor your pool test strip results with ultimate accuracy. Available for IOS and Android
- 100 STRIPS MEANS 100 TESTS – Each swimming pool test strip provides accurate and fast results for any water sources including fresh and salt water pools, spas and hot-tubs
- GET SAFE, CLEAN AND CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER, our pool and spa test strips come with a great e-book explaining what your results mean and how you can keep your water in a healthy & clean condition year round