You Must Maintain Your Automatic Pool Cleaner All Year
Most people do not realize that a swimming pool is a highly dynamic environment and there are a number of factors that influence not only how the pool looks, but also how your pool accessories function. Water chemistry, the environment, bather load, heating and surrounding foliage can all have an effect on your pool and related accessories such as your automatic pool cleaner.
Lisa Koller, Zodiac Pool Care product manager says that although it is impossible to control the elements and other factors influencing your pool, you can take practical measures to make sure that over time, your automatic pool cleaner runs at optimal efficiency.
• Check your hoses for leaks by lifting the hose out while the cleaner is still running. If you hear a hissing noise then your hose has a leak.
• Always store your hoses in a straight line (not coiled) and in a cool dry place (away from direct sunlight) when not in use.
• Periodically inspect parts for wear. The flexi-foot, disc and defector wheel are the most critical. As the disc wears, it begins to curl at the outer edges. When the depth of the channels between the treads on the flexi-foot is 3 mm(.11 in) or less, replace the flexi-foot.
• Thoroughly clean the weir basket, pump strainer basket, cartridge filter, skim filter and/or sand filter on a regular basis to ensure optimum pool cleaner efficiency. Always disconnect the hose from the weir or vacuum line before backwashing your filter.
These Two Automatic Pool Cleaners Are Top Rated:
See larger image
- Quiet, powerful suction cleaner; works with low-speed pumps for maximum efficiency.
- Devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floor, walls and steps of your entire pool.
- FlowKeeper Valve automatically regulates water flow to maintain peak cleaning performance even with lower horsepower pumps.
- Wheel Deflector for movement around tight corners.
- Scuff-resistant Long-Life Hoses eliminate scuffs on all pool surfaces.
- 36-Fin Disc increases adhesion to pool surface and avoids getting hung-up on lights, drains covers, fittings and other pool features.
- Durable Long-Life Diaphragm with reliable, one-moving-part-technology
- Patented Quick-Release Cassette provides simplified routine maintenance.
- Easy installation
- Pool Type: In-Ground
See larger image
- 10 hoses included for up to 30′ pool. Ideal for cleaning bottom surface and wall; does not clean stairs
- Require at least a 3/4 hp swimming pool pump or 1600 GHP to function properly.
- No tools required and no electricity needed; Attaches to your existing filtration system
- 1 Year Warranty for Parts Replacement (For order purchased from Amazon.com Prime and Ihubdeal ONLY )
- Cleaner should be moving about the pool at a rate of 8 to 12 feet per minute. Note : Refer to PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User manual