You could say this pool has produced tranquility between a rock and a hard place.
Built on a landscaped platform 131 ft (40 m) above the road below, it was designed to compliment an eight storey private dwelling in one of the world’s most sought after avenues.
While the house offers a panoramic view of the Atlantic seaboard, the private pool has become a centerpiece of the property following the renovation of the existing pool.
The original pool site was established at the end of the garden, offering views of the platinum mile. This provided the designers with the opportunity to reflect the natural rock formation of the mountain behind it and create a cascading water feature flowing over natural granite boulders 20 ft (6 m) above the pool.
“We wanted to create a sanctuary of peace and tranquility,” says the designer/builder “To create the desired effect, a key challenge was to work with the tones of granite and natural boulders and keep the surround natural. The pool was constructed using gunite, and we applied a charcoal marble plaster finish to make sure it would compliment its natural environment.”
The pool is roughly 50 ft x 15 ft (15 m x 4.5 m) in size and it has a unique shape which fans at the widest point to create a substantial swimming area. Copings have been tiered and stepped so they are level with the swimming pool and create an illusion of floating slabs surrounding the pool.
This pool is as solid as a rock and is a cut above the rest.
Read more about “Pool Construction”
Your Pool Might Not Be As Elaborate As The One Above But These Flagstones Will Add Charm To Your Pool
See larger image
Landscape Patio Flagstone | 500 Pounds | Natural Rock Pathway Stepping Stone Slabs for Gardens, Terrariums, Landscape Design, Driveway Pavers and Walkway Steppers (Storm Mountain)
- MOST PREFERRED PAVING MATERIAL by home and landscape professionals
- NATURAL STONE INCREASES CURB APPEAL AND OVERALL HOME VALUE
- CREATE AN OUTDOOR AREA WITH TIMELESS APPEAL
- DESIGN AND PATTERN CUSTOMIZATIONS are truly endless due to the wide variety of color options, shapes, and finishes.
- THOUSANDS OF USES including garden pathways, building water features, ledges, tabletops, outdoor kitchens and stepping stones. EASY INSTALLATION regardless of intended use.