Save energy to save money
Typical mid-income households spend $100 to $200 on electricity every month using between 750 and 1,000 units or kilowatt-hours (kWh). Source: http://www.eia.gov/electricity/ Most households could easily save 20–30 percent of this.
Save energy to save water
Power stations use two liters of water for every unit of electricity (kWh) generated.
Save energy to reduce ‘greenhouse’ gas emissions
Internationally much electricity is generated from coal, which produces carbon dioxide (CO2) when burnt (about 1.1kg per 1kWh used). This ‘greenhouse gas’ is the main contributor to global warming, which is expected to have catastrophic impacts. Fuel combustion in cars is also responsible for substantial CO2 emissions (about 0.3kg CO2 per every 1km driven).
Save energy to reduce air pollution
Air pollution is caused by car fumes and by burning coal to generate electricity.
Buy a pool cover and install a pool-pump time switch
A pool cover will keep your pool warm and clean, at the same time reducing the energy and money you need to spend on heating and running your pool pump.
Install solar water heating
Solar water heating methods can be used to heat both your pool and tap water. This uses a renewable source of energy and will pay back in electricity-saving over a just few years. If you are building a new house or pool, it is a sound economic choice as the estimated savings are anything from 20–40 percent of the total electricity bill (saving depends on hot water use patterns).
Insulate your ceiling
It is estimated that you can save half your electricity bill by insulating you ceiling.
Use compact fluorescent light bulbs
These light bulbs last much longer and use a quarter of the electricity for the same light output as a ‘normal’ light bulb. Also, each compact fluorescent installed saves about 500 kg of CO2 emissions over its lifetime, by using less electricity!
Design your house using energy-saving principles
When designing a house:
- make the best use of natural light by including north-facing windows and skylights
- incorporate energy-saving lighting (LED’s)
- design roof overhangs to keep summer sun out but let winter sun in
- install ceilings wherever possible as it is difficult to warm up a double-volume house
- use thermally efficient building materials and insulate your walls and floors well
GO SOLAR & Keep Your Pool Purified. Get this TOP RATED Pool Purifier.
Click “READ MORE” for more options.
See larger image
Original Solar Pool Ionizer | 85% Less Chlorine | Lifetime Replacement Warranty | Kill Algae in Pool | High efficiency | Keeps Pool Cleaner and Clear | Clarifier | Free Buddy Band | Up To 35,000 Gal
- HIGHEST QUALITY: Solar panel is under thick covering allowing our product to last years longer than our competitors. Beware of cheaply built alternatives. Lifetime Replacement Warranty – see description for details.
- Our Solar-Powered Cleaner will prevent algae and reduce the amount of chlorine and chemicals up to 85%. No other chemical product is necessary or recommended. Our ionizers work perfectly fine with small amounts of Chlorine and, consistently, the pH becomes very stable.
- The power of the sun works with an underwater ion-disbursing anode to release copper ions that are very effective at killing algae and keeping your pool clean and pure
- Covers up to 35,000 gallon pools. Will not harm the finish of your pool or vinyl liner. Works on chlorine or salt pools
- Includes a free Buddy Band to protect your Ionizer and pool from unwanted dings, scratches and other damage. See description and package for instructions on how to use and maintain. Product does not contain batteries.