Tips to Ensure Your Hot Spa is Always
Ready to Give You a Soothing Soak
Studies show that most people wish they had more time in the day to relax. Unwinding in a spa is the perfect way to seize the moment and make that special time.
Soaking in a spa or hot tub relaxes tired muscles, promotes circulation and relieves mental stress and tension. But to ensure it is always a soothing and enjoyable experience, it is essential to follow a proper spa maintenance. routine.
- Circulation of your spa water is essential as this will prevent contaminants from building up in the spa. As the water circulates, it passes through the filter and the suspended particles are trapped. Circulation also distributes the chemicals that kill bacteria, eliminate waste, and help prevent problems.
- Cleaning along the water line where contaminants accumulate preserves the spa’s surface. Use a skimmer net to remove floating debris, then brush and vacuum the spa to remove debris that the filter misses.
- Filtration is one of the most important keys. It removes hair, oils, and cosmetics that wash off during use. When the filter is dirty or clogged, all of this debris remains in the water, so make sure you also chemically clean your filter every four to six weeks.
- Chemistry and the right application of products can make a huge difference in your spa experience. The objectives are to provide a sanitary bathing environment; make the water feel clear and comfortable; to protect spa surfaces; and protect spa equipment from scale caused by calcium deposits.
- Testing for pH and the level of active sanitiser is a must. Have your water tested by a reputable pool care center every four to six weeks for a complete water analysis. At home, test your water several times a week.
- Draining and refilling on a regular basis are normal procedures in spa maintenance. Over time, the water absorbs and dissolves minerals, chemicals and other soluble material. How often you drain and refill your spa depends on how often you use it.
- Proper water maintenance depends on the right application of products to your pool water. If you aren’t sure what to do, a good pool care center will design a specific maintenance programme that will keep your spa water clear and comfortable.
Follow these tips then settle back and enjoy the stress-reducing warmth of your hot water spa.